What causes heat sensation in upper body and left arm with palpitations?

What causes the sensation of heat in upper body & then down left arm upon waking. Then my heart races?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible hormonal changes at your age.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX You are reporting to be 41 years old. It is normal to have heating sensation in your upper body due to hormonal changes at your age. Such "sensation" would involve the heart work, which is experienced as "heart races". I suggest to run some cardiac tests : - EKG - cardiac echo - Holter monitoring to exclude any heart problem. If everything will come out normal, then, it might be related to hormonal changes (pre/menopausal period) unless you are taking any other medicine recently. All the best! Dr.Benard