What causes heartburn and burning sensation in the nose while on Zoloft?

Question
I took my Zoloft and it got lodged in my throat. Now I'm having severe heartburn, mild burning of nasal area ears & eyes watering. Drank lots of water, ate a dense muffin & some cream cheese. Drank a shake. Hurts when swallowing. Took Tums & 2 naproxen for pain. Do I need medical attention or will it just take time?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation of the esophagus.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
You have an inflammation of the food pipe ( esophagitis)
You need to eat bland food devoid spices, avoid caffeinated beverages and alcohol.
You can take Omeprazole 40 mg once a day on an empty stomach to get faster healing of the inflammation. Naproxen can delay healing or even make it worse, so avoid.
You ought to get better in a few days. If not it would be good to have an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done.

Do get back to me if you have further queries.