What causes heart palpitation and are hotler and stress test reports accurate?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My BP machine at home keeps giving me an irregular Heart beat symbol. Every few times i take it and sometimes three times in a row. I get palpitations ( skipped beats feeling) but when doctors did ekg and stress test and holter they say they dont see anything wrong. I even get chest pains. Are these monitors accurate? Could this be something serious doctors dont see?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: thanks for the query. Trust me,such machines cant be more accurate than holter and stress test so you dont have to be worried. BP machine may be to sensitive so it could alarm some chest movements during breathing and sweating and fluids affect it as well. Also when you see this irregular heart symbol you might become anxious and it just worsen your symptoms so you feel palpitations or chest pain. Even if there are few ventricular extrasystoles,it shouldnt concern you since it cant be harmful. YOu are too young for some other serious heart rythm disorders. Just do regular heart check up, eat healthy,do exercise and dont focus on bp machine. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards