What causes headache with nausea without fever?

have had a headache and nauseas for two weeks with no fever but very tired,what could be going on. It has been getting worst every day
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your Blood pressure and liver functions tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I appreciate your concern and hope that I would be able to help you. Headache with nausea can have many causes including some uncommon and worrisome causes. Some of the common causes are mentioned below: In case you have blurring of vision with frontal headache, it might be because of decreased visual acuity. Uncontrolled high Blood Pressure can also lead to headache. Nausea can be due to acid peptic disease, indigestion or liver inflammation. Thus if you can provide me a detail about your symptoms, I will be better able to help you. In the meanwhile I will advise you the following: - Kindly take analgesic like paracetamol alongwith antiemetics to help your problem. - Take less oily and nonspicy meals. In case your symptoms persist, then you need to get evaluation to look for the cause of nausea. You may need some tests including imaging of the brain like CT scan or MRI along with other basic tests. Raised intracranial tension is also in my differential diagnosis list. Thus the above tests may be needed. Hope it helps. Kindly ask in case of any query. Dr. Kavita Paul