What causes headache and shortness of breath when suffering from arthritis and coronary disease?

I am a 66 yr old female with a history of coronary disease and A-Fib. Have had ovarian and breast cancer; one stent in LAD; history of blood clots in 4 of 5 lung lobes; both knees replaced; ulcers; arthritis. For over 6 weeks have had shortness of breath that will wake me during night and in morning. I cannot catch my breath. I also have non-stop headaches...even when I wake up. Cardio Doc has done a PET stress test and heart XXXXXXX ...both good. I have had a chest and a sinus xray and a breathing test.......all were good. In May 2013, I had a scan to check for clots in lungs..was good. I am at a lost what to do next. No energy even when I first wake up. I am on Coumadin for A-fib along with aimoadrane. Thank you for your help. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide your test reports. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. Your symptoms may be related to heart failure and pulmonary hypertension. Before running into conclusions, I kindly ask you to get your cardiac and breathing test and other test reports uploaded in order to assist you further accordingly. If you have not done any cardiac echo, I'd suggest to do it as soon as possible and can upload the results to me. Based on the findings, a further evaluation of the function of left ventricle (for heart failure) and pulmonary systolic arterial pressure (for pulmonary hypertension) is needed. Furthermore, I'd suggest to do a Ct-Scan of the head to judge on the status of brain and blood vessels functioning. Looking forward to kindly have the requested data! Dr.Benard