What causes hard coughing spells with cold and slight ear bleeding?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
have been having hard coughing spells with this cold, two(2) days ago my left ear blead a little, however it has appeared to have stopped, is this a cause for condern ? Nothing seems to stop these coughing spells, rib cage hurts, headche, sore throat, etc
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have hard coughing spells with cold and it is only 2 days. Please bare in mind that usually, it will take up to 10 or more days for the cough or other cold symptoms to get cleared. You are also mentioning that your ear has bleed a little but stopped. If the bleeding or other discharge came from inside ear, I'd suggest to consult ENT specialist immediately. Yes, it is a cause of concern. You cannot left your ear getting untreated. To my opinion, it is related to a complication of cold but further examination by your ENT specialist is needed. Take care! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!