What causes hand tremors while performing task with hands?

I have hand tremors, intent tremors, when I try to perform task with my hands. When I'm at rest or relaxed, I don't have tremors. Also, I have numbness in bottom of both feet where the toes join the feet.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cerebellar disease. CT, MRI, EEG. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Intention tremor is a indicative of cerebellar disease. This tremor is disabling, low-frequency, slow intention tremor. There are few causes for Intention tremor 1. Multiple sclerosis with cerebellar plaques 2. Stroke 3. Brain stem tumors As you have numbness in addition to Intention tremor, this is most probably due to organic disease mentioned above. This need further thorough physical examination with special attention to neurological signs. To indentify the exact causes, you should do the following investigations. 1. CT and MRI Brain 2. Electro Encephalogram (EEG) then consult a Neurologist and write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.