What causes frequent belching after having food?

I am experiencing very frequent belching or burping - many times as I begin to eat, other times, after my meal. The belching occurs even if I am out walking or trying to sleep. I have had a recent heart stress test with the chemicals; no problems were found.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Problems due to GERD or diabetic complication Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. The symptoms are suggestive of either * Gastro-esophageal-reflux-disease (GERD) due to hyperacidity/stomach ulcers, along with a bacterial infection (H.pylori); or, * A diabetic complication, called Diabetic Gastropathy. A 2-weeks' course of anti-H.pylori therapy + Prokinetic drug such as metoclopramide + Probiotic such as, Lactobacilli; followed by (with effect from Day 15), 2-3 months' course of anti-acid drug (such as Rabeprazole or Lansoprazole) plus 2 weeks' of Probiotic (a total of 4 weeks' course) and 4 weeks' of digestive enzymes, will cure the disease. Further, exclude high-gas forming foods such as beans, cabbage, broccoli, raisins, lentils, prunes, and apples; aerated drinks. You should however, consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order required tests (breath test for H.pylori, stool examination for bacteria+ worms' ova and, Endoscopy). Based on the reports, he will prescribe the advised curative treatment in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal