What causes fluttering feeling in lower left abdomen?

What causes a fluttering feeling lower left abdomen when I lie down to sleep happens about 2:00am
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: could be normal bowel movements Detailed Answer: Hello, What you are feeling could be normal bowel movements. Perhaps, you are sensing it more while asleep around 2 am. If it is not bothering you much, you must ignore it. If you feel pain or bloated in your stomach, then you can get an elective ultrasound of the whole abdomen, just to rule out any possible causes. However, in my view, it is normal. Wish you good health.