What causes floating lump above talus?

Hi, I have a floating lump or large section of tendon above the Talus and it isn't painful. you can see if you rotate the foot and the Talus area becomes visible. It seems to be around 1inch-1.5inch long and about half that wide. it looks like its attached to a tendon? I do a lot of gym and training. I do get some aching left of the area and up the left of the leg but not too bad, Ive put this down to a lot of running. Any thoughts? Cheers XXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: probably bursa outpouching Detailed Answer: Hi I had looked at the picture. It was not easily visible probably not a good picture. I find it to be enough to the size of a bursa out pouching. If it is firm on pressure it is mostly likely bursa. They tend to come out often on over use of joints. If that is firm to hard it could be cyst. Both of them slowly grow in size and cause pain. At this time I do an initial Xray of the area. It helps me to check if I can test with needle and draw out the fluid. You should see an Orthopedic Surgeon instead of GP.