What causes fever with vommiting and yellowish watery stool?
User rating for this question
2 WEEKS AGO MY 1YR OLD STARTED A FEVER I THOUGHT IT WAS TO DO WITH HIS EYE TEETH COMING IN. THEN THE FOLLOWING NIGHT HE STARTED VOMITING,STILL RUNNING A FEVER FOR 54 DATS AFTER, FEVER BEING 101.6 TOPS.AS OF A WEEK AGO HIS POOPS WERE NOT RIGHT. THEY WERE YELLOW,WATERY, KINDA LOOKED LIKE VOMIT, WITH MUCUS, BUT NO FEVER. HAVING BEEN A WEEK WITH THAT, WE ARE NOW STARTING WEEK 3 WITH THE SAME COSISTENCY POOP, NO MUCUS, BUT A FEVER OF 101.3 THIS AFTERNOON. WHAT IS GOING ON!
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thorough examination and investigation by Pediatri Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Being a Pediatric Surgeon I get many kids with similar complaints. The consistency or description of stools is not at all worrying me. It's the Presence of Fever that is cause of concern. Fever in a child not subsiding even after a week requires thorough evaluation by Pediatrician. As you must be aware, Fever is not a disease but it's a Clinical manifestation of disease process going on in the body. Arriving at diagnosis requires thorough assessment of 1. Respiratory system: Lower respiratory tract infection is likely if he has rapid respiration( respiratory rate of >50/ minute) 2 . Urinary tract infection 3. Other infective disease based on geographical location. Many of the infants do have issue of farts, there is no cause for concern if there is no distension of abdomen. Do get in touch with your Pediatrician for further complete reassessment of your baby. Wishing your baby a quick recovery In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
People also viewed
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and dvts
- What causes fever and foamy stools
- What causes fever with vommiting and yellowish watery stool
- How can we control high esr
- What causes a sudden fever
- Diet control for hbsag
- Temperature control problems klippel feil
- Follicular study report says my 10 days my et 6mm
- Stool withholding causes fever
- Steps to control esr levels
- Entamoeba histolytica 1 2/hpf what does this mean?
- How to control esr without tablets
- Urinalysis results leukocytes 02/hpf
- Susten 100mg for 10 days when will period start
- What causes hay fever