What causes fever with skin rash and enlarged lymph node?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My son is 13. He has lumps under jaw line and armpits. Unexplained rashes sleeping longer. Some fatigue some low grade fevers but not all the time. Lumps vary from 3-7cm not painful but gettin bigger
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggests possibility of viral illness. Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. Fever with skin rash and enlarged lymph node [armpit swelling] suggests possibility of viral illness. Another possibility of systemic infection leading to swelling and enlarged lymph node. You may need to investigate in form of complete blood count, ESR, CRP, and if required fine needle aspiration cytology. You may need clinical examination also to confirm diagnosis. Till time you can start medication and antibiotic consulting your treating doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.