What causes failed frozen embryo transfer cycle?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor - I have just had failed frozen embryo transfer cycle. I had 2 embryos implanted which were of Grade A quality - they moved from 4cell to 8 cell in a day (between day 2 to day 6), I had an excellent lining of 11+ mm on the last check up before the transfer, I had done my transfer and rested for 3 full days before travelling back home on the 4th day, i have taken no stess during the two weeks ... but the cycle failed inspite of all that. Can you advise what could have gone wrong? Is there some chromosomal defect with the embryos? Can we test that ? My doctor always says all was good so he doesnt know what went worng. I asked him last time if we could do 5 day transfer and he said it doesnt make a difference. This time if we do the transfer Frozen one (I have 4 embryos remaining) - any advise you could give me would be useful. Thanks
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: PGD / ERA Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) There could be embryo anomaly which is commonly occurring chromosomal anomaly which can be tested by doing a test called preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). 2) There is possibility that endometrium is not receptive which can be tested by Endometrial receptivity array ( ERA ) and transfer can be done as per best day suggested in ERA report. 3) Embryo transfer technique if done properly also matters which depends on experience of person performing it. Let me know if you have any more queries. I will be happy to answer. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol