What causes eye irritation with redness and dryness?
User rating for this question
hello im suffering from a saver eye irritation, my eyes are red, itchy, and dry. This is what ive done so far,,,rubbed Vaseline on it to keep down the itching and dryness. my ? is....is it ok to use Timolo eye gel until I can be seen on monday
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: This looks like conjunctivitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I am Dr Dadapeer K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I saw the photograph attached to the query and reviewed the history, it seems you are having redness and discharge from the eyes and you are having complaints of irritation, itching and dryness. All these symptoms indicate inflammation of conjunctiva called as conjunctivitis either infective or allergic in etiology. Vaseline if gets into the eyes can cause irritation hence avoid using it. Timolol is a antiglaucoma medication hene it is not helpful in your condition. Hence you require treatment by antibiotic eye drops like ciprofloxacin eye drops and artificial tears eye drops. Later you can consult your eye doctor and depending on the response the eye drops can be changed as per his advice. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
People also viewed
- What causes eye irritation with redness and dryness
- Eye irritation causes
- Red eye irritated and burns
- Is metallic taste a side effect of maxzide?
- Moderate eye irritation causes
- 3 month old wobbly eyes
- Is itching skin a side effect of meropenem?
- 6 month old watery eyes
- Watering eye on 6 month old
- Swollen under eye in 8 month old
- Two month old one eye is smaller
- Is diarrhea a side effect of methocarbamol?
- Is fever a side effect of microgestin 1/20?
- Eye irritation caused by jock itch
- Is increased thirst a side effect of mobic?