What causes extreme body heat with no fever?

hi, can you help me desperate having extreme body heat no fever even when i feel i am dripping with no actual sweating ,becomes to a point i must take to my bed even then continues. Have read shared forum coments nobody has yet found an answer i have also had many blood tests return normal ido have high calcium levels due to parathyroid this as you would know has nothing to do with thyroid t1 and t2. I have a quiet life style it seems anxiety is key word in all this the only anxiety in my life is this hot hole i am in i cry a lot now and feel like i will go grazy if only there was an answer i would do anthing go any where it is destroying my life THank you Iam 67 yrs old .
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: high calcium can cause this Detailed Answer: Hello Good day. I would like to know a bit about your high calcium levels. How high is the calcium. What's the cause for high calcium? Is it parathyroid mediated or not?? High calcium can be due to a variety of reasons sometimes even unrelated to parathyroid gland overactivity. What's your PTH (Parathyroid hormine) levels? These questions are very important. Are you having nightsweats and loss of weight? High calcium levels can cause a variety of problems like muscle weakness, thirst, increased frequency of urination. Itching and occasionally increased body temperature etc. You may feel hot too. Another thing is that sometimes high calcium levels are associated with a complex disorder called Multiple endocrine neoplasia. In this case we can have other gland involvement along with parathyroid s. Some of these glands produce certain active hormones which can produce heat sensation in body and sometimes palpitations etc. So dear, it is extremely important that we get to the bottom of your high calcium issue and I urge you not to dismiss that as "just overactive parathyroid". You need an endocrine consultation and proper work up. Please don't panic. There are effective ways to treat these disorders. Please feel free to contact me if you need further clarification.I wish you a speedy recovery. Kind regards Binu.