What causes extensive gas and burps post delivery?

Mywife is having extensive gas and burps.At timea it pains extensively at night around stomach and upper abdomen. She has just delivered a baby 45 days back so need advice on her eating habits and medicines
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Your wife is probably having a reflux disease. She needs to take medications like omeprazole half an our before breakfast for about 4 -8 weeks. As far the diet is concerned, she needs to avoid coffee, citrus, tomatoes, lentils, mint, spicy food and fatty food. She should not eat full stomach. She has to eat smaller but frequent meals. She should go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini