What causes exhaustion,headache,neck and back pain along with nausea?

Exhaustion unable to stay out of bed Headache feeling of heaviness in head Neck and lower backbpain Nausea
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Acute phase of depression Detailed Answer: Hi You had not mentioned the duration of the symptoms. However I could find these fit into acute phase of depressive episode. Are you on regular medicines and without missing dose? I sincerely suggest that you should see your treating doctor now or at the ER. If you are staying alone you should move to a house for few days where you have your family / friends. I am sorry that I cannot prescribe you any medicine that keeps you active and awake. I also feel that you may get well with talk therapy from a Psychologist. Hope you oblige this and see a doctor in the nearby hospital or your treating Psychiatrist.
Follow-up: What causes exhaustion,headache,neck and back pain along with nausea? 24 minutes later
Many thanks. I have just started on the velaflaxine for 6 wks changig from fluoextine 60mg which I had been on for 4 years. I have not missed a dose and have felt this way for past three days. I dont have any suicidal thoughts just pain and fatigue and have been having palpitations. I live at home with my husband so not on my own.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: home pregnancy test if ttc Detailed Answer: Good that you have regular medicine. The next thing that strikes is pregnancy. Test with a kit. If negative we need to run basic blood and urine tests for sign of infection. Although fibromyalgia is known to bother frequently there is nothing more active treatment for it than adjusting the dose of current medicines. Good health