What causes excess mucus in stool?
User rating for this question
From past one month I have seen mucus while passing motion. I feel little tired after passing motion. Is there any connection between weeks XXXXXXX and mucus. Need some medication for this.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: take tablet sporlac Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I understand your concern. Seeing mucus in motions is normal. Excess mucus can be due to infection. You also feed tired after passing stools. No, there is no connection between weakness and mucus. I would suggest you to get a stool routine test done. If it is normal, nothing to worry. In the meantime, you can take Tablet Sporlac thrice daily for 3 weeks to replenish the intestinal flora. This medicine is available over the counter. You do not need a prescription for the same. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.
Follow-up: What causes excess mucus in stool? 19 minutes later
Thank you.Is there any side efeect of the Tablet suggested? Sometimes immediately after food I get stomach ache and feel to go to motion. This is happening recently. I didnt have this kind of issue before. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: no side effects of the tablet Detailed Answer: Hello, There are no side effects of the tablet. You can safely take them. It is good for the intestines. You should watch what you eat. Do not take junk food. Wash your hands frequently. Also, stay away from stress as stress can also cause these kind of symptoms. Take more of fruits and vegetables. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Edema above clavicle three months after falling
- Does sex effect result in urine test
- I am experiencing post menopausal pelvic pain
- What can i do to regain normal erectin
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- What causes blood and mucus in my stool
- Lymph leaking after circumcision
- What causes blood in stools and pinkish mucus
- Excessive saliva after dental cleaning
- Getting headache after dental cleaning
- Could gastritis cause diarrhoea with excessive mucus in stool
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- Is eating ice-cream after dinner harmful to health
- Itchy anus - small bump like mosquito bite
- Food to take after circumcision