What causes dull chest pain and rash on forearms?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I have been having chest pains for about a month now pretty steadily. nothing real sharp more of a dull achy pain mostly on the left side but sometimes on the right. In the past 2 weeks I have developed a pretty severe rash on my fore arms, and it feels like something is squeezing my arms right below the elbow and around the wrists. The past day or so I have had a mild fever with a headache and major fatigue
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See for lumps in the breasts and armpits Detailed Answer: Hi. The pain in the chest which is dull achy can be due to a condition called costochondritis. Meaning there is swelling of the joints of ribs with sternum ( chest bone) In this condition you can have pain on local pressure or on movement of upper limbs. Please see if the pain increases mildly on pressure. Another reason can be swelling/ lumps in the breast. Go for self -examination to see if there are lumps in the breasts and particularly arm-pits( axillae). Feeling of squeezing in the forearms can be due to swelling ( edema- trapped fluid) under the skin or in the muscle compartments of the forearms. There can be an associated infection giving you headache and fatigue and fever. If the arms are not swollen, the botheration is less as this can be due to masses or involvement of lymph nodes an the arm pits. I would advise you to see a Doctor, who would clinically examine all the points i noted and make sure what the diagnosis is .