What causes dryness in throat?

My throat gets dry or feels like I have something stuck in it after I eat. Lasts about an hour after I eat. Goes away and doesn't come back until I eat again.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I understand your concern, however because there are several reasons for dryness of throat I would like you to answer the following questions 1. Have you recently suffered from flu? 2. Have you taken any pain medications lately? 3. Do you also have symptoms of dyspepsia? 4. Are you regular with your diet? Do you eat on time? 5. How glasses of water do you drink in a day? 5. Do you also have itchy eyes? burning while micturating? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: What causes dryness in throat? 3 hours later
1. No 2. No 3. Know 4. Yes & Yes 5. 6-8 glasses/day 6. No
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later
Brief Answer: No immediate intervention required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply The most common reasons for dryness of throat are 1. Sore throat 2. Acid reflux 3. Dehydration 4. Sarcoidosis 5. Diabetes 6. Smoking However you dont seem to be suffering from any of those after taking your history which means that there is nothing to worry about as of now. I advice you to undergo the following tests for your present problem 1. Complete blood count including absolute eosinophil count 2. Random blood sugar 3. ANA profile For now these are my suggestions 1. Avoid oily and spicy food until you are better 2. Keep yourself well hydrated 3. For dryness of the throat Chewable Vit C tablets are ideal, it increases your salivary secretions I hope I was of help to you Regards