What causes drop in my sugar levels when suffering from constant pain from a back operation?

Question
I need specialists are but on public list and I'm getting. No where I have several ailment al domino effect I thin. I lost 22 kg now 38 kg. sugars drop making me I'll but endocronogist thinks it's ok even when I'm almost near fainting. My lady reproductive organs are playing up. I have constant pain from back operation .. I am only 43 years old . I suffer I with chronic pain. And now starting to get depressed. My name is XXXX my the way . Thankyou for your help .
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: multiple problems Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Yes, you seem to have multiple problems. All of these require multi-directional treatment approach. Firstly, you are losing weight. You have lost 22 kg and are now 38kg. The reason for this weight loss needs to be found out. Sugars drop when the oral intake of food or calories are inadequate. Are you eating regularly? Is your appetite normal? Perhaps your endocrinologist thinks there is no underlying organic cause for fall in blood sugars levels. You have problems with ovaries, your back is giving you chronic pain. I assume you are on medications for the same. You are now starting to get depressed, you probably would benefit from a low dose anti-depressant drug like Amitriptyline for a short term. You may want to request your primary doctor to prescribe you the same. The weight loss could be due to Diverticulitis or suspected lymphoma. This needs confirmation through further investigations. Please let me know any specific health concerns that I can help you with as to your current health problems. I would be glad to help you. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes drop in my sugar levels when suffering from constant pain from a back operation? 2 days later
As from last night ihave been feeling faint and weak. My bp, sugars and temp are fine. I have slept and ate well.. Should i be concerened ? Thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: eat well and rest well Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I am glad your BP, sugar and temperature are normal. Since these vitals are normal, I do not think there is something medically alarming in you at this point. Regarding feeling faint and weak, I would suggest you to eat adequately. Take food every 2 to 3 hours. Drink more of soups, take vegetables and fruits to replenish the electrolytes and water. Rest adequately as well. You should be fine soon. My wishes to you :) Take care!

Follow-up: What causes drop in my sugar levels when suffering from constant pain from a back operation? 31 hours later
I usually sugfer with low sugars. Not diebetic . They are currently 12.9 and the sizzy ess is still lingering?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer: get evaluated Detailed Answer: Hello, I would suggest you to get a serum electrolytes test done along with a check of your random blood sugar, and blood pressure recording. An Endocrinologist opinion would be ideal too. Get well soon.