What causes dizziness after a hot shower?

Dizzy after a shower. I don't get this at home at all, but I'm in a hotel with a strong waterflow while on vacation. Just not used to that much water pressure, too hot of water and pressure? Has never been a problem before. Has for last two days at hotel.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, drink enough water! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this dizziness. Reviewing the information and all surrounding circumstances, I think the problem is excessive fluid loss. Due to low temperatures, no time constraints and a hot bath, we tend to spend more time than usual in the shower especially in winter. This causes so much fluid loss from the body and this leads to a drop of blood pressure which explains why you have this dizziness. Please, drink much fluids after this and lie down for a while to fully recover from this. I am sure you noticed that you were sweating more than usual after this shower. I have been a victim as well! Next time, before going into the shower make sure you drink enough fluids and avoid spending too much time in the shower. Also, avoid making the water to flow at high temperatures as this is the main cause. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.