What causes distended veins over the head during a migraine attack?

Nov 2013

Hello Sir, This is XXXX.Hope you remember..i asked you regards my migraine problem... Sir, Now a days i m seeing that whenever pain strikes the nervous of my head got swelled....Left side only...Earlier i haven't notice..i noticed few days is this normal during the pain or my condition is getting worse.?? Thanks and Regards Deepak XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for getting back. I remember you well. I would like to reassure you that your current symptoms are not of any concern and there is no need to worry. It is normal to have distended veins over the head (swollen nerves) during the episodes of headache. So, your condition is under control and not getting worse. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: