What causes discomfort at the tip of the penis?

Hi Sir, From last friday i started to feel a slight discomfort near my penis.I am not having any pain while passing urine but all the other time i feel slight discomfort(sort of itching pain near the tip of penis) i can pull back the foreskin with out any problem and i didnt have any kind of sex also.i used to do masturbating thats it.this is really worrying me and about the pain it is not that severe but a little discomfort kind of thing. please help me out. thanks
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, be calm and monitor Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this discomfort at the tip of your penis. I understand how anxious and concerned a male can get when he has a problem with such a sensitive part of his genitals. Considering all the information you have provided, there is no reason to get too worried right now. This discomfort represents irritation from a product that I cannot tell for sure what it is right now. with no history of risky sexual behavior, this would most likely not represent any for of STD which should have been of major concern at this point. Keep a relaxed mind. This is not caused by masturbation itself though one of the products you use for masturbation might have been the origin of this irritation if that has been the case recently. It will slowly fade away even without any drugs. That is why I will not recommend any further aggressive treatment to address this. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for more information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes discomfort at the tip of the penis? 1 hour later
Thanks for the info ... So this is not a worry for me right ...i used to masturbate in bed not with is it because of that which is causing me this pain?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 days later
Brief Answer: No need to get worried. Detailed Answer: Hi and hope you have been feeling better already. Sorry I couldn't get to you earlier because of health issues. There is no need to get worries. It is probably and incidental happening and represents no real disease or disease process. Be observant and only seek further care if something else should come up like painful urination, discharge, etc. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD