What causes discoloured painful hard lump after taking a heroin shot?
User rating for this question
i just shoot heroin an hour ago in my fore arm theres a small hard lump discoloration and alittle pain when i strstch my elbow is it serious
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...not to worry at the moment Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. It looks like due to small extravasation of blood in surrounding tissues due to improper injection. There is nothing to worry at the moment. You can apply some ice locally which should settle the pain and swelling would get reduced overtime as the extravasated blood gets reabsorbed by the system. The problem occurs if swelling doesn't resolve and becomes red,painful and locally hot.Such an event would mean development of pus locally. In such a scenario,you would need to consult a doctor for drainage and prescription of antibiotics. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
People also viewed
- How long does thc stay in your system for an oral exam
- Does smoking weed increase facial hair?
- What causes a lump in armpit after a tetanus shot
- Heroin abuse causes
- Quit smoking withdrawl excessive saliva
- What causes hard and painful lump on exterior of anus
- Particle stuck on cornea
- What causes redness in arms after injecting heroin
- Cracks on the corners of your nostrils
- Corneal transplant surgery marijuana
- How long to coronary stents last
- Tetralogy of fallot smoking
- Why do i feel numb when i smoke hookah?
- Corn remover discolouration
- Birth defects caused by heroin