What causes depression,insomnia,headaches and memory loss and what is the remedy to quit smoking?

i have been suffering from depression for the last 2year , i could not sleep well and sometimes i face headache and then my mind gets blocked , after somking i feel relaxed i am also suffreing from memory loss and i get forget things i want to stop smoking pls suggest what i need to do
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: be in touch with a psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry about your health status. Your symptoms of depression, insomnia, headaches, mind blocks, memory loss, forgetfulness - all these suggest an inherent problem within your brain and your thought process. You definitely need to be in touch with a psychiatrist for this. You need constant observation, frequent follow up and revision of your treatment. Are you seeing a Psychiatrist for the same? If not, I would suggest you find one at the earliest because these symptoms in the long-run can pose many health concerns. Also, you need thorough mental evaluation and assessment. Following which, you can be put on the right drugs. In my view, alprazolam alone is not sufficient for you. You need newer effective drugs to treat your symptoms. With regards to your smoking, I am glad you want to quit it. Here are some suggestions for the same: - A combination of behavioral and drug therapy works for quitting. - The available choices are Non Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRT), Bupropion and Varenicline - NRT are available in gums and patches. They are devoid of side effects and only marginally increase the success rate of quitting. - Equally important is counseling and behavioral therapy. Hope this information helps you. Regards,