What causes dental anxiety?

I suffer from dental anxiety, I am having 2 crowns and 1 filling done. Should I take 1 or 2 mg before my appointment?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Depends on which medicine you want to take. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for posting your query. I understand your concern and anxiety. The anti-anxiety medicine dose depends on the particular medicine, so without knowing the medicine I would not be able to tell you the dosage that will be necessary, moreover, taking any anxiolytic or sedative medicine will need a prescription, so i would urge you to get a prescription for the same. Please write back to me with the name of the medicine which you intend to take, so that I can answer your question. Awaiting your response. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes dental anxiety? 18 minutes later
Ativan, I have taken it once before (1mg) for a medical procedure, made me feel a bit loopy. So should I take less?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would advice my patients 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg Detailed Answer: Hello again. Thanks for writing back. For anxiety, I would prescribe my patients 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg and never more than that. As I said earlier, please obtain a prescription for the medicine, without a prescription you will not be able to procure this medicine. Hope that clears your doubts. All the best. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes dental anxiety? 6 minutes later
Thank you
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW I am happy to have been of help to you, please do continue to utilize our services if you require them in future. It was a pleasure to serving you. All the very best. Regards. PS., Please review and rate my answers if you are satisfied.