Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes darkened urethral opening and wrinkled glans?

Darkened urethral opening and wrinkled glans only one partner help
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Darkened urethral opening could be because of melanoma however please get back to me with the following details in order to help you better 1. Is it painful? 2. Have you passed in blood in urine? 3. Has passing urine become more difficult lately? 4. Do you have fever? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: What causes darkened urethral opening and wrinkled glans? 1 minute later
No to all those mention
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the quick reply If you do not have any of the above symptoms then please visit a urologist soon for a biopsy of the darkened urethra to rule out melonoma. It could also be benign hyperpigmentation of the urethra but biopsy is the gold standard to diagnose such a lesion I hope I was of help I wish you good health Regards