What causes confusion and numbness?

I went to the emergency room today with confusion and numbness while excercing at the gym. I am 64 years old, in good health with the exception of high cholesterol and arthritis which I am taking medications for (Lipitor and celebrex). I was discharged after a few hours and am reading my chemical analysis which was not extraordinary except for the creatine kinase result which was 468. This seems alarmingly high to me. Please add some input. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. There is absolutely nothing to worry. The fact that you had come from the gym where obviously you were exercising. Exercise increases creatine kinase tremedously. Even a small a squeze of muscle before sampling can alter the results. This creatine kinase was released from the muscles. Rest all you reports are normal. As this was the first time such thing has happened, there is nothing ti worry much. The possible causes could be. 1. Dehydration and hypotension - reduced bp. That will require you to take more of water while exercising. Also if it happens again get yourself in the lying position . 2. Hypoglycemia Although its not evident in the report. It is still a possibility as it auto corrects itself most of the time. Next time if it happens get the sugars checked immediately. 3. Cardiac insufficiency Investigations to be done: cardiac stress test. But it is very less likely as there was no chest pain.. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What causes confusion and numbness? 28 minutes later
Thank-you for your concise and prompt response. Are the other levels that are a little above/below the norm anything to be concerned about?
Brief Answer: Not to worry Detailed Answer: Hello No there is noting to worry. The changes are very minimal and are not significant. Regards Dr.Srikanth Reddy