What causes cold tingling sensation in chest and upper arms with sweating?

29 year old female that just got over the norovirus and has a history of anxiety and panic attacks. Currently I am eating around 300-400 calories a day due to nausea, feeling faint, and uninterest in food. I take omeprazole nightly. Last night I took 20mg of Cymbalta about 4 hours after taking the omeprazole and around 5 hours after taking the pill was awoken from a sound sleep with a freezing cold tingling sensation in my chest and upper arms. The sensation was radiating from my chest. I sat up and broke into a cold sweat. The symptoms subsided after about 20 minutes. However, it has been happening about every hour since then for the past 12 hours and I have not gotten out of bed all day. Could this be the Cymbalta after a single dose or something else? I just spoke with my psychiatrist and she has never heard of a side effect like this. She says if I keep taking the pill and this symptom keeps happening I will need to ask a Doctor if there could be anything else that is causing this sensation.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: not related to cybalta Detailed Answer: Hi I m dr Alok, pleased to assist you here with your health related queries I think what you write is not related with your medicines Probably it is something which is called as panic attack, but I still advice you for a ECG to ruleout any heart problems and then see your psychologist. Hope this will help If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate Wish you a healthy life DR Alok