What causes clogged right ear with thumping drum while speaking?

ENT Specialist
I have a clogged right ear with thumping drum when I speak
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Right Eustachian tube dysfuncion Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query; it suggests that most probably you may be suffering from the right Eustachian tube dysfunction. For this you may try the nasal decongestant such as the combination of the fexofenadine and monteleukast once a day with steam inhalation. But to rule out the other disease and to reach the near diagnosis you may go for 1. Otoscopic examination of the ear to rule out the wax and status of the tympanic membrane. 2. Tunning fork test to rule out the hearing loss and type of hearing loss if you have. 3. Blood pressure measurement to rule out the hypertension. 4. Pure tone audiometry. 5. Impedance audiometry. Thanks