What causes clear and salty nasal discharge? from my nasal passage

i have been having a discharge from my nasal passage it is clear in color waterey and salty tasteing no odor is this linked in any way to my heart
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: no, it is not linked to the heart Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic NO, it would not be linked to any form of heart disease. The nasal passages and sinuses form part of the respiratory tract system (lungs, trachea, nose). The heart is part of the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). Though severe heart failure can cause fluid to back up in the lungs, this would present with (1)shortness of breath (because of the fluid in the lungs affecting breathing), (2)chest pain (3)fatigue (4) swelling of the lower limbs due to fluid build up in these areas The other common type of heart disease is angina (chest pain, shortness of breath and palpitations that occur on activity) also does not cause nasal discharge. Nasal discharge would be related to the nasal passages or sinuses. It would occur as a result of: (1) common cold (2)allergic rhinitis (allergies involving the nose) (3) bacterial infections of the nose or sinsuses One of these is the most likely cause of your symptoms. Summary- heart disease presents with chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, swelling of the lower limbs. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions