What causes child to have blood in stool and how to treat this?
User rating for this question
My 10 year old son went to the bathroom and noticed bright red blood in the toilet and on the toilet paper. He said that it hurt when he went to the bathroom. His diet is very limited. All he likes to eat is chicken nuggets, french fries, steak. He does not eat many fruits and vegetables at all. He also drinks at least one soda a day.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer: give dietary fiber rich food.consult the doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. The child developed bleeding due to tear in the anal region because of hard stool. Eating only chicken nuggets, french fries, and steak will lead to lack of dietary fiber in the diet. Lack of dietary fiber results in constipation and hard stools. Encourage the child to eat dietary fiber rich foods such as vegetables, leafy vegetables, fruits, and whole grains on a daily and regular basis. Ask him to drink plenty of oral fluids and water. Encourage him to go to toilet daily. Postponement of bowels will lead to hard stools. Encourage him to participate in games and physical exercises. At present you can give him an oral laxative such as lactulose in prescribed dose to make stools soft. And consult the doctor for physical examination to look for any tear or fissures in the anal region. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- Borderline intellectual functioning schools
- Bumps on baby ear lobe
- White bumps on babys head
- Bump on babys gum
- What causes abnormality in stool of a child
- Baby bumped head can he sleep
- Borderline intellectual functioning, special education
- 5 month old baby bumped her head
- What does borderline mean on a urine sample
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Borderline low voltage qrs
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- Tmt is borderline positive for reversible ischemia