What causes chest muscle pain?

I am feeling a sort of muscle pain in my chest. When I turn around, or when I stretch my hands I feel that pain. Earlier I had experienced internal chest pain (near my heart area), had nausea like feeling. I had gone through echo-cardiography and stress test(TMT), but there were no abnormalities recorded. Although the test results are negative, I still feel that pain inside.Can you please help? Is it due to stress?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be of musculoskeletal region. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The chest pain described by you appears to be of musculoskeletal origin. It does not appear to be because of your heart and since your echo and tmt are normal, it further rules it out to be of cardiac origin. You may get a x ray of chest done to see if your lungs are healthy. There are many other causes of chest pain but for the time being take a pain killer and apply some local heat. I do hope you do not suffer from acidity and reflux disease. Best would be to consult your physician who can examine you and advise you accordingly. Regards
Follow-up: What causes chest muscle pain? 1 hour later
Hi. I have a habit of smoking. My chest x-ray is normal. Moreover, sometimes I feel a pain in my arms and my lower jaw feels numb and tired. Is it due to stress? I have got a psychological problem also. Is it due to cardiac issues or is it a psychological issue?If I cough, I sometimes feel the pain. Can i breathe easy that there is no cardiac issue?
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 33 hours later
Brief Answer: There is a psychological element to it. Detailed Answer: Your symptoms are very vague and do not fit into any particular disease entity. There appears to be a pschosomatic element to it as you are worried and stressed. As suggested, do take some pain killers for the time being. Since smoking is an issue and if you are really concerned, you may go in for higher cardiac evaluation tests like CT angio of heart; but only after consulting your cardiologist and on his advice. Regards