What causes chest discomfort,headache and toothache while sleeping at night?

Apr 2014

I am 63 years old and woke up in the night with discomfort in my chest, throat (as in swallowing) and onset of headache, even my teeth ached. This morning I have residual headache and have vague other symptoms. I have woken before with heartburn, but this was different. I have had similar a couple years back and was checked out with no obvious heart problems.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to gastritis or angina. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Your problem may be related to reflux or heart itself . You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You are 63 years old and more prone to diseases.All probable causes including reflux,angina should be ruled out and you should have routine screening yearly. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,Serum calcium and vitamin D level,Thyroid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy,ECG in all leads.Further investigations can be done if needed. You can take combination tablet of pantoprazole 40 mg and domperidone 10 mg once daily half hour before food for six weeks. Headache is mostly due to benign causes like stress,sinusitis,eye problems etc.You can take tablet Paracatamol 500 mg SOS. Proper treatment depend upon clinical findings and investigation reports. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX