What causes chest discomfort, tingling chest and occasional heartburn after drinking?

Question
Mild chest discomfort Mainly right hand side Occasional heartburn Over indulged 3 days ago Symptoms for 6 weeks plus Tingling in chest Loss appetite
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 minutes later
related to gastritis it can be local gastritis or gerd or any abdominal organ problkem like gall bladder liver etc use metrogyl 200 mg bd for 5 days antacid gel tds and digestive enzymes low protein diets lot of fluids bdomen for causebut go for ulktrasound abd

Follow-up: What causes chest discomfort, tingling chest and occasional heartburn after drinking? 17 minutes later
Someone suggested omprazole?

Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This might need a cardiac evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Although the presentation of GERD or gastritis cannot be denied, symptoms such as chest discomfort even though when it is right sided(not commonly seen) some times need a cardiac evaluation (Llike ECG) to rule out the chest pain due to cardiac origin. If might be associated with/without breathlessness, fatigue, sweating etc. Chest pain though tolerable can be due to initial stages of thrombus formation in the blood vessels supplying the heart. You may use Omeprazole which will relieve your acidity but cardiac evaluation is suggested. Could you tell me if you have any history of cardiac diseases in your family? Any history of smoking/ drinking? Are you sedentary? Are you regular on your food habits? Are you obese? Do you have nausea or loss of appetite? I hope sharing this will help me guide you better.Thanks. Keep us posted for further queries.

Follow-up: What causes chest discomfort, tingling chest and occasional heartburn after drinking? 12 minutes later
Not direct apart from my fathers brother whom died recently from heart attack I am overweight I probably drink more than i should Have occasional nausea

Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I suggest to get evaluated for the same Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing back. Overweight, drinking and family history are few risk factors for heart disease. I suggest you take an opinion from your MD/cardiologist because these can still be suggestive of underlying cardiac problem which needs to be ruled out by few investigations like ECG (or Tread Mill Test only doctor's advice). However I feel this would be beneficial to understand about your heart health instead of considering this just as problem related to gastritis unless until proved otherwise. Lifestyle modifications like exercise, yoga/meditations, dietary changes(reduce the fat increase fiber content, salt restriction) will keep you fit and healthy. Hope I have answered your query. Get well soon.Keep us posted for further queries.