What causes chest congestion, bad cough even after using Zicam?

ENT Specialist
Question
Chest congestion, bad cough. No fever or nose congestion. had for 4 days. using Zicam cough suppressant & cold tablets.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a physician Detailed Answer: Hello, Zicam is homeopathic medicine i suppose? You should consult a Chest physician . You need to take antibiotics for chest infection , i prescribe Levofloxacin 750mg once daily for five days to my patients you must consult your doctor before taking. In addition you require--- Steam inhalations Mucolytic medicines Decongestants Simply taking cough syrups will not help as there is congestion in chest. If you smoke do quit smoking In doubt do reply

Follow-up: What causes chest congestion, bad cough even after using Zicam? 6 hours later
Just wanted to say thank you. I'll make an apt with my doctor on Thursday (closed Wed) Again - Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Always welcome to healthcare magic Detailed Answer: Always welcome to healthcare magic