What causes burning sensation while wearing contact lenses?

I have new lenses which are Optive and have use Refresh Optive to flush out my eyes and also when wearing the contacts amd tthey burn fiercely--should I used a different drop
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Irritation possibly due to corneal injury Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXX Burning immediately after using contact lens denotes Corneal injury. I would suggest you to immediately discontinue use of contacts. Further use may still worsen the corneal injury. It's like that you have developed small corneal abrasion while removing the lens. In the Presence of any degree of corneal injury it's not advisable to cover the eye , like using any shield or using any foreign object like contact lens. The shield will act like an incubator and promote the growth of bacteria and will lead to flaring up of infection. Do consult your Opthalmologist at earliest, he/she would like to do Slit lamp examination to rule out corneal injury. In the meantime continue using antibiotic eye drops as frequently as a drop in each eye every 2 hours. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD