What causes burning sensation on shoulder and toes after a stroke?

Infertility Specialist
had a stroke in march and doing well but have recently aquired a burning feeling on my left side(same side as my stroke)from my shoulder to my toes.could u please tell what why iam feeling this.It does not seem to be affecting me in any way.Just a very uncomfortable feeling
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nerve regeneration Detailed Answer: Hi This tingling or mild pain is due to 2 possible reasons 1. Nerves which are affected during stroke will be regenerating and grow. 2. The muscles which are affected keep twitching and contracting. Hence due to these reasons you feel pain. Please continue doing physiotherapy exercises which will benefit you in improving. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: What causes burning sensation on shoulder and toes after a stroke? 19 hours later
thnk u doctor for answere .u have been very was a relief knowing that it is part of a healing process.I wil definitely keep up my therapy.thanks again very much.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Please write review Detailed Answer: Hi I am glad my answers were helpful to you. Please accept my answer and write review Regards