What causes burning sensation in the stomach along with vomiting?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello Dr.
I get heavy stamock burn in the midnight and made me vomitting. This has been happend couple times, especially when i thought about too much on any of the incident. May be it is generating too much stress.
I am trying to avoid those situations. However, is there medicine that can help me in a temp basis to reduce the pain/ burning in stamoch?? Pl suggest also pl advice what type of Dr. i should visit in case if you sufgest yo see a Dr.
Thank you
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Peptic ulcers see a Gastroenterologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As soon as we eat food the amount of gastric acid secreted increases in stomach therefore if there is a ulcer in stomach area this acid would itlrritate it causing pain however contrary to it if the pain starts few hours after eating(mid night characterstically) its because of duodenal ulcers.
Both gastric and doudenal ulcers are type of peptic ulcers.

Nausea with pain specifically at midnight is a tell take sign of duodenal ulcer.

As per standard text-
Pain from a duodenal ulcer may occur several hours after a patient eat (when the stomach is empty) and usually the patient wake in the middle of the night due to pain.

Suggestion-
Go for Endoscopy-Through a tube fitted with camera your Gastroenterologist would locate the exact location of ulcers.

Treatment till Endoscopy is done-
Start taking Rabeprazole in combination with Levosulpiride(combination of proton pump inhibior with prokinetic medication)- would prevent formation of acid.You would need a prescription for the same.In case you can't manage to get it take Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily(Over the counter).

Take Antacid like Mucaine gel 2 table spoon thrice daily before breakfast lunch and dinner.

Once endoscopy is done Sucralfate 1 gram thrice a day would be added to heal ulcers.

Regards and follow up with Endoscopy reports.