Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation in penis after having sex?

Question
hi after having sex, my husbands penius burns and starts to raise up like a blisters??mainly the tip blisters, he also says his balls burn. what could this be?? doesn't happen every time we have sex. and no other pain, goes away by the next day. could I have to much acid in me and im burning him, or is it him??
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: A few causes listed ma'am, please see Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I have gone through your query and suspect any one of the following causes to be the reason for such a presentation: -Friction caused during sexual intercourse/inadequate lubrication: A dry vagina can at times result in unnecessary friction to be caused between the genitalia resulting in rashes, blisters, etc. This can be avoided by involving in foreplay for a longer period of time, and not jumping straight to penetration and/or using sterile lubricants to help assist during sexual intercourse (eg. KY Jelly available in all pharmacies) -Infections: Either in you or your husband. Pain in the testicles is also a supportive symptom of the same -Inappropriate vaginal pH: As suspected by you, but will have to be confirmed with the help of pH tests I would recommend the following investigations to help find the exact cause, but only after adequate lubrication has been tried and does not seem to resolve the problem. They are: vaginal pH check (you), urine examination (your husband and you), an STD panel if the urine examination does not yield adequate results (your husband and you). I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: What causes burning sensation in penis after having sex? 2 hours later
How or where do u do a ph test

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Vaginal pH testing kit: Home or hospital Detailed Answer: Hello once again ma'am. Vaginal pH testing can be done using a home kit as well. Please check in your pharmacy if the same is available or report to a hospital for the same. Vaginal pH testing includes the use of a paper which you have to place against your vaginal wall for a few seconds. The color of the paper changes as per your vaginal pH. In the kit, there is a color chart as well which you can use to check what your pH is, based on the color of the paper you placed against your vaginal wall. I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.