What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles?

Hello Doc, Nature of my job profile is such that for the entire shift i am sitting in my chair approx for 7 to 8 hours. For the last week or so now when i am sitting in the chair both of my back thighs my back it gives a burning sensation, when i walk no issue, sleep no issue.. only when i sit on the chair it starts giving me burning sensation...
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 37 hours later
Brief Answer: take a break from work Detailed Answer: Hello, it seems like your back and thigh muscles are strained due to continuous sitting for long hours. Please take a day or two off from your work and rest well at home. It is preferable for you to lie down on your stomach, so that the back and thigh muscles relax. Also, you must to simple stretching exercises to release the spasm from the muscles. You can also use ice packs locally to get the soothening effect and relief from burning sensation. No medicine is required for this at this stage. Get well soon. Regards,