Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation during urination and White discharge around the labia minora?

I have been suffering from this problem since four years..but at that time I didn't paid attention to it..but one day I had terrible burning sensation while urinating and later I observed that it was due to less consumption of drinking water..and also there is always a thick layer of offwhite discharge around the labia minora...and for that I use WashPlus..and with it there ia very rare itching inside the vagina at the holw...I am sexually active also qith my husband age is 24. Please help... I just want to get rid of it.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: UTI with bacterial vaginosis Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Burning sensation during urination is suggestive of Urinary Tract Infection. White discharge is suggestive of Bacterial Vaginosis. Since you had a history of less intake of drinking water, it may be the cause. Using Washplus and Alkasol for this condition will only subside the symptoms of itch and burning sensation but will not treat the actual cause. You have ignored it for long time without any specific treatment. I advise you to go for urine test with culture and sensitivity. After giving out the sample of urine you can start a course of antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for five days and Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily for seven days. Continue using WashPlus and alkasol with around 10 -12 glasses of drinking water daily to flush out the infection. If no relief, consult a local doctor with urine test report for clinical examination. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.