What causes burning sensation after acid application on molluscum contagiosum lesions?

I was diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum on here. I went to a public health clinic and they applied acid to the lesions. I was instructed to wash them off with soap and water in 4-6 hours. I followed these instructions. Now, I still have slight burning. Is this normal, or did I not wash the areas sufficiently? The areas are white from the dead skin.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: burning is normal Detailed Answer: Hello The burning is normal. Acid will slowly peel off superficial skin and will kill the virus also. Its better to remove bigger lesions with a needle. You can discuss this with your doctor on next visit. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you