What causes breathing difficulty during winters

Hello doctor, I'm facing breathing difficulty especially in Jan-March. I faced this problem last year almost the same time. I consulted a Pulmonologist, he said its only because of stress. I'm alright. Last year is the first year I moved to Bangalore. I used to live in Chennai. Now, I'm facing this problem like today, I had breathing difficulty, I had breathe deeply for few times then I felt light headedness, weakness in hands and legs. It was not heavy though. I had a heavy drink day before yesterday, Is it because of that. I had 3 beers and 120 ml of Vodka. Thanks XXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry if evaluation done. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to be having breathlessness , seasonal in nature. 2. However if evaluation by a Pulmonologist at the time of your symptoms are normal, then no major abnormality seems to be there. If investigations including chest xray, PFT and blood investigations are normal, then there is no need to worry. 3. Binge of alcohol can sometimes precipitate such symptoms, hence you need to control on your drinking. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologis