What causes blood semen?

blood ejaculated from my penis during a wet dream while sleeping. I do have a reverse ejaculation since I was 60,due to a micro wave procedure 5 years ago.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Blood in semen may be because of various reasons, like prostate infection, urethra infection, seminal vesicle problems and even prostate cancer. You need to get yourself evaluated by an urologist and get some tests done as indicated after the physical exam. Sometimes, no cause is found. In these cases, we need to wait and watch. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further folowup queries, if any.