What causes bleeding skin lesions ?

I have a red XXXXXXX on my right cheek that comes and goes. When I squeeze it, it bleeds a bit. It almost looks like a popped blood vessel. It was almost completely gone but then came back and is pretty dark at the moment......What could it be?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query,

I would be able to answer you better if you can provide me with some more information like :

1) Since when is the lesion there ?

2)Approximate size of the lesion?

3)Any associated symptoms with the lesion like itching , pain etc ?

4)Does it point pus anytime in its course ?

If possible also try to send a image of the lesion which could help me more , Kindly do it to YYYY@YYYY .

Will wait for the information.
Follow-up: What causes bleeding skin lesions ? 1 hour later
The lesion has been there on and off for a a couple years. It doesn't itch nor is it painful, although I've been squeezing it the past 2 days so it's a bit irritated. When I sqeeze it, there's a bit of clear puss but mostly blood, and not much at that. In addition, there is no bump. The skin is completely smooth. Thanks for your help.

I tried emailing the address you supplied but it was returned. The email had pics.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details, well its very informative but i would be accurate in my answering if you can mail me the pictures.

Try sending it to YYYY@YYYY

I will wait for the same.