What causes bleeding in my mouth?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had discharge of blood from my mouth when I woke up. It happened only once. The bleeding was mixed with saliva.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. This is nothing to be concerned about. in most cases this is just tooth problem, mouth ulcer or minor injury of mouth mucosa due to bite during sleep. It should heal in several days. You should just wash your mouth and teeth and try to watch for some mouth lesions,ulcers or lumps. If you see or feel something,you should see dentist. Also, if you start to cough blood,it may be something more serious and you need to see pulmologist as soon as possible. Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards