What causes belching and pain when stomach in empty?
User rating for this question
I seem to belch a lot lately, if my stomach get empty and at night it seems to wake me up.. Leaves my stomach a little sore.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptoms can be caused by several things and sometimes can indicate stomach problems. Belching is usually caused by aerophagia or simply air swallowing. This appears due to loose dentures, smoking, chewing gums, eating fast, drinking carbonated drinks. It can be also a symptoms of stomach inflammation, esophagus inflammation, peptic ulcer or even a first symptom of stomach cancer. Last possibility makes it important symptoms which should not be ignored. I suggest you to consult gastroenterologist and consider gastroscopy (this will rule the cancer out). In a meanwhile please try to avoid mentioned belching factors. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes belching and pain when stomach in empty? 22 hours later
Thank you...this is exactly the same info given on the Mayo Clinic site... I have trusted Mayo Clinic for years.. so I guess I will continue to use that site!
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Hope you will get well soon. Regards.
People also viewed
- Stomach ulcers causes belching
- What causes excessive belching with back pain
- Uterus retroverted nuvaring
- Does antibiotics cause diarrhea shitting blood
- Predominantly normocytic
- Stomach ache belching diarrhea what is causing these
- What causes chest pain with belching when bp goes high
- Does digene cure indigestion
- Does chapati cause gastric problem
- What causes uncontrollable belching
- Underarm sweating 7 year old
- Nystagmus prolactinoma
- Can i take nyquil and trazodone
- Does alcohol show up on stool tests
- Do workout supplements cause blood in stool