What causes ankle swelling?

I was in a car accident 2 years ago several fractures in foot and an Avulsion fracture of Talus And the ankle still swells and has limited movement. I want to know why it is still like this?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Further evaluation by orthopedist is needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the accident you had 2 years back. I am sorry to hear that got several fractures in the foot including Avulsion fracture of the talus. The swelling you are experiencing in the ankle indicate that the fracture was not properly treated. That's why a further evaluation is needed by the orthopedist together with treatment. All the best! Dr.Benard